Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Epcot - Part Two


The nice part of theme parks is looking at their creative plantings. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in many of them, but I like the effect of a mass planting of these impatiens.

I don't know if the caladiums were leftovers from another planting, or a carefully planned spring planting coming up early, but I like the idea of planting a colorful winter flower (like snapdragons) over my bulbs to fill the void.
While bonsai are generally not my favorites, I can learn to love them when they look as lush as these. If you ever go to Epcot, be wary of Japan's gift store. I could have unloaded half my bank account there.



One of the things that made a big impression on me when I first went to Epcot some twenty years ago was the boat ride through the experimental greenhouses in the Land. It didn't fail to impress again. Unfortunately I didn't realize you could take a behind the scenes tour of the greenhouses until they were done for the day. Frankly, I thought my husband would be a bit bored by it, so I put it off. But it was a highlight of the day.

Maybe it was the tomato tree:
Or maybe the eggplant tree impressed him:
Nope, it was the definitely the plants growing in the air:
See the hidden Mickey?

Related Posts with Thumbnails