Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Bulbs - Advice Welcome!

So this weekend the weather stunk once again, cold and rainy. Add to that a head cold that knocked me out yesterday, and I wasn't much for gardening this weekend. However, that didn't mean I couldn't go shopping! I went with the intention of finding more butterfly and pinecone gingers, but as almost always happens, I go in wanting one thing, and come out with another. Here is what I got:

2 Bags of six Stargazer bulbs. I already planted some of these last year in the butterfly garden, but I'm thinking of doing a mass planting on them this year.



















2 Bags of 2 Peruvian Daffodil bulbs. I know nothing about these plants. It was a total impuse buy. But don't they look so cool? They reminded me of some of the more exotic crinum lilies I've seen. So, I had to have them.


















3 Nerine Guernsey lily bulbs. Again, I know nothing at all about this plant. Again, it just looks so cool. The label says it is heat tolerant and drought resistant, so that really sold me. Any advice on any of these plants is very welcome.
















My daughter was the cutest when we were buying these. She asked me what I was doing and I said "buying bulbs." She looked confused, so I gave her the bag with the little bit of dirt and the bulbs inside. She looked them over carefully and then asked "How do you make them light up?" Hee, Hee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails