Monday, June 11, 2007

AAAARRRGGHHHH!!



Gardening this weekend was frustrating. I’m not sure if it was the oppressive heat and humidity that made pulling weeds feel like walking in a warm bowl of soup, or the sinking feeling that I’m simply killing everything that I touch. (Plants that I don’t touch are doing just fine, thank you.) All this has lead to one crappy attitude. My husband helpfully points out that I usually feel this way at this time of the month, but frankly, what the hell does he know? I mean, look at the evidence. My plants are turning yellow. The bananas have yellow leaves and the sweet potato vine is pale yellow. See! I’m killing all of my plants! Does anyone know why this is? Is it a fertilizer issue? I’ve been neglectful with the fertilizing. I try to be organic and not use synthetic fertilizers, but I don’t know enough about organic ones. With the exception of a bit of compost here and there, I pretty much don’t do anything. My husband keeps whispering in my ear “Miracle Grow, Miracle Grow!” So far I’ve resisted, but I’m becoming weak. Anyone who can give me advice on would be so appreciated. It is official – I have no idea what I’m doing. Maybe I’ll curl up in the air conditioning and watch sappy chick flicks until September when the weather starts to ease up. Bring on the double fudge chocolate chunk ice cream!

Related Posts with Thumbnails