Monday, December 10, 2007

The Evolution of the Corner Garden

Since it is the end of the year, it seems like a time to reflect how far the garden has come. Since I took the corner garden from nothing this year, I thought I'd feature it. In May, I drew up some plans:

This was the before, back in May.
Here is the corner in September. I didn't get the bamboo in, elephant ears and gingers replaced it. In the corner, in the plans showed a raised bed that would be a mini bog area. Didn't quite happen. In fact, none of the borders were put in. That is on the to-do list for January. Instead, my beatiful crinums reside in the corner. Not sure if they will stay there this year.






The most notable element missing in this picture are the trellises. I was short on cash this summer, and expensive plans like the trellis and the borders just had to wait. Hopefully we will be able to put them in this year.






The before. The crinums were temporarily planted there before moving to the corner.


This part of the garden really turned out better than I planned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails