Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update of Mom's Garden

Spent the evening at my Mom's house - thanks for the lasagna, guys! It's been a couple of weeks since I've been over there so I spent some time weeding her garden. It has come a long way since I last posted it in April. Go here to see what they used to look like. Above: The circle is filled with a giant bird of paradise, lime green coleus, varigated ginger, mexican petunia, New Guinea impatiens, vinca, and added today, sweet potato vine. In between the two bushes in the back is a brugmansia that is seriously under preforming. It only has one sad little leaf on it. Not sure what the problem is, but it is really bumming me out.



Above: Along the house, under the bushes, are the plants I orignally found in the bed, irises and mystery plants. The mystery plants are bulbs that my mother saved from the dumpster on a volunteer project from a few years ago. They haven't bloomed so there is no telling what they are. One plant I know is a crinum, but I'm not sure about the others. They remind me of my peruvian daffodils, which would be great, but that may be wishful thinking. I really have no idea what they are, but there are a lot of them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails