Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lesson Learned

If they gave out gold medals for procrastination, I'd be Micheal Phelps. I'm a total pro. Sometimes the things that are most important to me get procrastinated the most. I'm terribly good at doing things when I feel like it, and not when they really need to get done. Case in point: I was looking at posts from this time last year and came across this pic from the front garden.

And the same garden bed this year: Pretty much the same plants each year, but last year I did what I was supposed to do and planted the snapdragons and petunias back in October. This year the summer annuals were still going strong in October and it was hard to think about taking them out. Money and time were tight too. So I put it off, and now instead of a nice lush garden, I have a wimpy, limp garden. Oh well. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. Plant winter annuals by October.

What lessons have you learned this year?

Related Posts with Thumbnails