Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update on the Shed Garden

The shed garden is coming along, but of course, not as much as I'd like. Mostly it is just uneven. The right side gets more sun and seems to be really taking off. The left is lagging in the shade. The butterfly ginger is looking very full and I'm looking forward to a lot of blooms this year. The lime green sweet potato vine is popping up in spots, but is no where near as lush as it was last year. The one thing really thriving in the shade is the small little hidden ginger, which loves the shade.
Beer Bottle Border! Thanks to the inspiration from Vert, I decided to create my own border with what is mighty plentiful around the house, beer bottles. This is bordering a new pie shaped bed that connects the shed garden to the corner garden. I'm a few bottles short, so we need to get busy. Party at my house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails