Saturday, March 8, 2008

Know Your Frost Date

Today I went to my February posts last year, trying to figure out what was going on in the garden last year. To my surprise, there weren't any. After a frost in January, I didn't post again until late April. It is understandable. Even though it is 80 degrees out, it is still very much winter and a frost is just a day away. Last year I was smart enough to know this. This year, my impatience for a beautiful garden got the best of me and I planted many plants way too early. Now I’m a big bundle of stress, worrying about my babies. Urrggh. This week we were hit by the same weather system that hit most of the country and we’ve had three solid days of rain. Tonight there will be yet another freeze. I couldn’t live up north, this is killing me. I don’t know how I’ll wait until the end of this month, my last frost date. If you are interested in your last frost date, this is a good site: http://www.victoryseeds.com/frost/

Related Posts with Thumbnails